Giovedì 20 Giugno alle 11:00 nell’ aula VIII della Facoltà di Medicina e Psicologia, di via dei Marsi 78, Philip Spinhoven, professor of Clinical Psychology and former Dean of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden University, terrà la conferenza:

Il professor Spinhoven descrive i suoi interessi di ricerca nei seguenti termini:

My research focuses on how distant, recent and current stressors interact with cognitive processes (e.g. attention, memory, thought, reasoning), behavioural processes (e.g. approach and avoidance), and biological processes (e.g. HPA-axis). My focus is on anxiety disorders, mood disorders, somatoform disorders and personality disorders. My aim is to understand the complex interplay among cognitive, behavioural and biological processes across these four stress-related disorders. These disorders show a high co-morbidity, similarities in known causative and maintaining factors and in preferred psychological and pharmacological treatments. My research draws on multiple methodologies (e.g. laboratory cognitive tasks, clinical trials, survey methodology), as well as cognitive and information processing theories.